Saturday, June 11, 2011

A Newcomer Again

No, I didn't drink, but I feel like a newcomer again. I went to a meeting tonight with Jane and the girls. Afterward, we went to eat. There were 18 people and a baby at the table. I didn't really know anyone, and I felt a bit awkward. Jane was a bit farther down the table.
I have to remember it took me a few weeks to get to know people when I first got sober - and that was going to up to three meetings a day.
More importantly, it took some time to get to know myself. I need to do that again.
Time to start the steps over. Tonight I was also thinking, maybe it's time to start sponsoring people too. 
We help ourselves by helping others.
If I try to wait until I am perfect, I will be waiting forever, because that's never going to happen.
My fog has lifted.
I surrender.
Time to start the cycle of recovery once again.

1 comment:

Mary Christine said...

Do you have a sponsor?